For each different colour you make, use this quantity of ingredients.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- food colouring
- 1 cup water
- Mix a drop of food colouring into one cup of water & set aside
- Put the flour, salt and cream of tartar into a glass mixing bowl
- Stir in the oil and 1/2 the cup of coloured water
- Mix until there are no lumps
- Gradually stir in the rest of the coloured water
- Cook for 30 seconds in the microwave then stir
- Repeat step 6 until the mix forms a dough.
- Leave the play dough for a few minutes to cool